Sunday, October 26, 2008

Chopra, Obama, Kest, oh my!








What a week. What a HALF-week! We'll begin on Wednesday: in the morning I performed 2 shows, Wednesday afternoon a fellow castmate and I spent a couple of hours volunteering for the Obama campaign and Wednesday night I had the pleasure of hearing Deepak Chopra speak from the 3rd row. The next morning I picked up my volunteer buddy, we headed to the Obama rally with our priority tickets- as we were walking to the Mall a vendor stopped us and gave us free hats for being "beautiful ladies". Once inside the gates we walked to about 15yds from the podium to await our future president! We saw other theatre friends- including my husband who came down just in time to hear Obama speak and brought us almonds and water to quiet our rumbling tummys! (He's the best!) Thursday night I attended the Brian Kest workshop- which I loved and pretty much spent all day Friday recovering from! The ultimate cherry on top, of course, was Chris's class Saturday morning... the perfect quad-fecta!!








What a time. I am so grateful to have had the opportunities I've had this week to be in the presence of some profound teachers. Much of this came together so last minute, I felt like I was riding a wave... and all I asked of myself was to BE IN IT. I am positively humming from these experiences. It's funny, the overriding message(s) are mutually inclusive: embrace your connectedness to all things. be present. be accountable. be compassionate.








I'd love to share more but I've gotta get to the theatre.... the show must go on!




1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow, Jen! What a week indeed. Thanks for including me in your "quad-fecta", those were some big acts for me to follow: -) Glad I could be a part of your week. You were certainly riding high, so I was happy to get a big boost from you as well.

Peace,
Chris